COMPANY: AFS SOUTH AFRICA
JOB TITLE: DUTY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
DIVISION: JOHANNESBURG OPERATIONS
LOCATION: WAREHOUSE 14-16, FOREIGN AIRLINES CARGO TERMINAL, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
To ensure the effective management of all operations staff – including, Performance management, Absence management and counselling, Management of leave and shift swap requests.
2. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must have a minimum education of Gr. 12 or equivalent.
2. Must have a thorough understanding of all appropriate legislative requirements
3. Must have knowledge of pallet build processes
4. A thorough understanding of all clerical and warehouse duties
5. Must have a high degree of self motivation and professionalism
6. The ability to liaise effectively with own staff, customers and suppliers at all levels
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Effective management of all operations staff – to include:
a) Performance management
b) Absence management and counselling
c) Management of leave and shift swap requests
2. Maintaining station performance to agreed standards
3. Compliance with all health and safety requirements and checks
4. Maintaining highest levels of security in line with legal requirements
5. ULD and equipment control
6. Management of all resources in the most efficient manner to minimise costs
7. Ensure a strong customer focus through:
a. Effective handling of all customer queries and complaints
b. Reacting positively to requests from Sales to ensure complete customer satisfaction
c. Instilling a culture of flexibility in the workforce to meet customer demands.
8. This is a very responsible shift management role requiring considerable man management experience and a thorough knowledge of the air freight industry. The individual will be the most senior operational manager whilst on duty, and as such will be solely responsible for the effective running of the station.
9. He/she should be striving to lift the operations to “Best in Class” in all respects.
10. All responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
11. Will assist with additional tasks within the context of the job description.
12. Will attend training as and when requested.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: MALCOLM TONKIN
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: AFS – DM - JNB - 0513
APPLICATIONS TO BE FAXED TO: (011) 390-9906
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 03 JUNE 2013
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!